Implementing Peer Instruction is not (necessarily) the same as “using clickers.” Like any tool, clickers can be used for good or ill. Below we share some advice on how to get started using Peer Instruction, advice for helping students understand why it’s valuable, an instructor “cheat sheet” to take with you to class, and specific tips on things that we see instructors tend to do but should be avoided.
- Getting Started: Step by Step
- Help Students Understand Why (coming soon)
- In-Class Flow Chart
- In-Class Instructor Cheat Sheet
- Things Not to Do (that seemed like a good idea at the time)
- Turn to Your Neighbor: The official blog of Peer Instruction. Latest news and discussion about use of Peer Instruction in many fields of study, not just computer science.